02 December 2005

Does World AIDS Day still matter?

Yesterday, December 1, was World AIDS Day. The question I asked myself, especially living in San Francisco, is does it, World AIDS Day, still matter? In a word, yes. I was shocked the other day when a friend asked me a simple question about HIV transmission -- in SF!! It matters to me because I see lack of basic info here in SF around transmission. It matters to me because I see homeless folk not get the treatment they need. It matters to me because I turn on the news to see entire populations around the world being decimated by AIDS. It matters to me because Jesus said to "love your neighbor as yourself," and some of my neighbors here and around the world have AIDS.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every effort matters.

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home